Over the course of this fun class, each participant will learn to make a homemade apple pie from scratch, including a delicious crust and filling. You will never buy frozen crust or pies again! If you can’t make one of these dates, contact me for info. about a personal pie lesson or party in my kitchen or yours!
In December, I had pneumonia. Thankfully, I am well now, but I am keeping a slower class schedule. Please keep checking for updates!
Check for updates about children’s classes in August.
Get in touch with the Pie Bell to sign up for the class(es) above or for more information.
Each participant will leave with:
-knowledge and skills to make pies from scratch in your own kitchen, including the Pie Belle’s recipe for a buttery, flaky pie crust
-a Recipes and Tips folder
-a finished apple pie–that you made yourself
-two rounds of pie dough to use or freeze for later use
Each class lasts approximately 3 hours.
Cost per participant: $40
Since participants are taking the class to learn to make pies, you will need certain tools and equipment.
You need to bring the following items with you:
1. an apron or dress in clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
2. a 9-inch glass pie plate (no disposable aluminum plates please)
3. a rolling pin (I prefer a French pin that is a tapered, rod-style pin, but bring the pin you prefer)
4. a pastry blender (round wires are easier to use and clean)–Locally available at Target, Wal-Mart, Bed, Bath & Beyond, usually for less than $5. I know they are less than $4 at Wal-Mart.
5. a silicone pastry brush (the bristles won’t damage your crust-work)
6. Box or basket for transporting your hot pie.
Upon special request, the Pie Belle is also available to teach you to make cream pies, authentic gumbo, or buttermilk biscuits. Get in touch for more information!